When used correctly, Instagram offers brands a highly-targeted and visual channel for advertising that approaches customers from an entirely new angle. If you know how to post the right images, at the right time, then customers can soak up your marketing message without having to endure hard sales pitches from your advertising team. In other words, Instagram is the magic spell for appealing to millennials without directly “selling” to them.
With millions of new users emerging on a regular basis, Instagram could be the perfect way to launch and grow your brand in a digital network that thrives on engagement and interaction.
Launching your brand on Instagram may seem easy enough – just set up an account and start posting. However, there are a few ways that you can carefully cultivate your brand so that your Instagram account boosts an existing interpretation of your company, rather than having to start from scratch. In other words, make sure you have other social media accounts set up, a website, and maybe a couple of blog or article posts floating around, so that fans can further research your business. Once you’ve done that:
- Choose a username that’s short, simple, and representative of your brand
- Add a profile picture that shows off your logo or product
- Link Facebook and Twitter accounts for cross-marketing
- Cross-promote your Instagram username through various mediums.
Know Which Content to Post
Finally, engage your followers and grow your brand with a serious of informative, entertaining, and engaging posts through your Instagram account. Your content may include:
- A showcase of your products
- An insight into how your product is made
- An insight into your team, and the behind the scenes working experience
- A look into your creative practices, or the human side of your team – such as when they’re hanging out eating lunch.
- A before and after showcase of what your product can do
- A tour of the office
- An insight into a current event taking place or trade show
- Incentives such as discounts and voucher codes
Remember to post regularly, using high quality images, and mix up your approach from time to time so that you give your followers something new and exciting to talk about. Your aim should be to prompt interest and conversation through the use of images.