According to Business Insider, 71% of users are between the ages 18-34 and the remaining 29% are over 35 years old, with the majority being between 35-44. Although the age demographic may not be what you’re targeting it’s important to remember that, according to DMR Stats and Gadgets, there are “100 million daily active users” with “10 billion daily views”. As a business this is a simple marketing technique that can create nearly cost-free publicity.
- Promote Events Live
Every business either hosts an event or participates in one. Snapchat allows your public (old and new) to see what you are doing outside of your business. People buy into people and if they see that human side of your business they are more willing to invest in yours.
- Engage with Other Snapchatters
What’s important about Snapchat is to build an audience. Other than letting your audience know that you’re on Snapchat and to follow you can allow other people to take control of your Snapchat and get their followers to start following you. This is important because a lot of people out there have a large following and depending on your type of business this will help rake in followers and potential buyers or investors.
- It’s Easy
Lastly, and most importantly, Snapchat is easy. Everyone has their phone and the marketing team can each have access to the company’s Snapchat account and take stories about the day in the life of the company or show behind-the-scenes stories.
Snapchat is not only about building a following, but building a brand and maintaining it. It allows easy access for people to do it without having to draw a sketch-up of the procedures and techniques. The limited time of the video allows quick snippets of whatever you want to portray or sell and same goes for limited number of characters for the photos. Snapchat for business marketing is simple and easy and great at expanding your business’ audience.